In a survey by Sunny Giles, published in HBR says 195 leaders in 15 countries, six of the top 10 leadership competencies rated by participants involved communication. This is part of the previous blog we shared on what it takes to be a great leader in the new normal.
We have dedicated a day in our summit Transforming and Thriving Together on Communications as we know that this is one of the most critical competencies a leader must have to succeed. You might be tired to hear about the effect and difficulty the pandemic brought about but we can't deny that because of that, leaders/organizations realized that change has to happen to continue to thrive.
Our private conversations, interviews and discussions during the summit highlight both difficulties and opportunities in communications. In fact we have shared in another blog that emphasizing communication skills is a critical priority.
We are glad to summarize and share the highlight video of Day 3 on Communication: Stakeholders are everywhere.
1. Tim Wade shared the tools that you can use in your organization to ensure transformation based on his years of experience working with leaders to motivate positive change. In this keynote he gave us insights on how to see changes as adventures and how we can best share the experience with our organization’s stakeholders.
2. In a panel discussion with Kavita Satwalikar, Sara Nystrom, Joshua Davies, moderated by Ina Teves, they highlight 7 factors affecting team psychological safety that have propelled teams into brave spaces. They shared how to practice empathy, understand others effectively and what are the factors that influence psychological safety that affects team success.
3. Our most viewed presentation was the keynote by Wijen Randhawa where he shared that despite being beneficial at times, these changes have brought with it increased volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity or, as it’s now known in leadership terminology as - VUCA. Also known as the new normal, with ‘VUCA Leadership’ defining the new art and style of leadership in the 21st Century.
This talk highlights the importance of learning how to prepare and communicate your organizations’ future needs to increase cooperation, in times of VUCA.
4. Finally, a panel discussion by business leaders Javed Malik - Group COO of AirAsia, Karen Yew - Group Chief Communications and Branding Officer of Surbana Jurong Pte Ltd, Dinesh Subramaniam - Director of Digital and Communications of Wartsila and John Pastor - COO of GHL Systems Philippines. Moderated by Miguel Bernas who summarized the discussion well with his message that:
In 2021, the value of organizations is not based on numbers but on narrative: how well a company communicates its vision and plan to get there. That single-minded vision needs to permeate across the whole organization, stakeholders, partners and customers. The challenge of getting that message across is harder than ever, especially in a workplace where employees no longer work out of a single location or even share an office space at all.
If staying relevant and being able to network with other leaders is important to you.
If you want to have a holistic view of what it takes to lead effectively in these interesting times.
If you are a leader, business owner or individual who want to build resilience and know the ways to doing business in the next normal, this program is perfect for you.
What's in it for you?
We have united 48 Business and Thought Leaders who would keep us informed, interested and inspired to make a difference.
Join as VIP & Premium Member to enjoy the following:
* Access to all recordings on a self-paced basis of the summit (total of 20 hours valued at $ 1,940)
* Access to over 20 recordings on varied programs on coaching, story telling, virtual presentation, lean six sigma, data analytics and more (valued at $1,940)
* Attend our live monthly Masterclass sessions of 60-90 minutes to dig dipper on important topics. (valued at $1,450)
* Network with our community to share successes, challenges, opportunities as we follow through on a monthly mastermind (valued at US$ 990)
* Get a copy of presentations, join our Global Leaders group, help women & girls with the Big Sister Mentorship Program while you invest in yourself and more (priceless) ...
Who should not attend and avail this program?
1. This program is not for victims & complainers who like to blame everything to others
2. This program is not for those who do not want to invest in themselves.
3. People who do not want to take action and take accountability for their success.
4. This program is not suitable for those who do not want to transfrom and thrive!
What’s included in the program?
It's not too late for you to benefit from this program but it's the last day of the International Women's Day Promotion today! On top of the learning and follow through that you get to have in this program, you will also help us support our partner Non-Profit Organization Women On A Mission to raise funds for the Big Sister Mentorship Programme (to help women and girls who are from dysfunctional families on several programs like back to school, parenting talks, counselling, self-development sessions , practical life skills and confidence building projects).
According to a Gallup survey, only 13% of employees are highly engaged at work while 26% seem utterly detached. That’s terrible for any business, as it will definitely affect productivity and profitability, would you agree?
While according to HR Magazine, companies investing $ 1,500 per employee per year on training average 24% higher profit margins than companies with lower training investment do.
More interesting statistics from our previous article here. As we all know preventive is better than cure and it is better to pay now than paying more later....